Vegan & Made without Flour = Gluten Free Gorgeousness
- 120g all natural peanut butter
- 60ml agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 120g all natural unsweetened applesauce, or 2 large bananas; mashed
- 70g unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 70g grated chocolate, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees for fan oven or gas mark 4. Spray 8x8 inch cake tin with non-stick cooking spray or line the tin with some non-dairy spread.
- In a large bowl or food processor, cream together the peanut butter, agave, vanilla and applesauce until smooth. Add the cacao powder, baking soda, and salt; mix again until smooth.
- Gently fold chocolate into the batter. Pour the batter into your prepared cake tin and smooth the top down. I usually spray my spatula with cooking spray to help spread it out evenly. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top is just set. Take care not to overcook these beauties; you want them to have a fudgy consistency! Plus they are vegan so you don't need to worry about them cooking all the way through.
- Cool on wire rack for as long as you can without scoffing the lot. Cut into delicious squares and serve!